All of the music recordings on this site are recordings of independent origin (ROIOs) Music that has NOT been officially released. This website follows the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). If you are an artist or a legal representative of an artist and you do not want your ROIO shared on my site for free among your fans (and creating new fans and a stronger fan base), just tell me in the comment area and I will remove them.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Mahalia Jackson tribute featuring Irma Thomas, Mavis Staples and Pamela Landrum, 4-24-2009

Here are three great voices of Gospel music paying tribute to another Gospel music great.  It's a nice radio broadcast too.  Can you feel it?
Mahalia Jackson tribute featuring Irma Thomas, Mavis Staples and Pamela Landrum
Gospel Tent
New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
New Orleans, La.
April 24, 2009
FM radio broadcast

Mavis Staples
1 Soon I Will Be Done 5:23
2 Mavis Staples reminisces 2:44
3 Precious Lord 7:09
4 He's Got the Whole World in His Hands 5:10

Pamela Landrum
5 Pamela Landrum intro 0:55
6 Walk On By Faith 2:17
7 Walk With Me 3:08
8 You'll Never Walk Alone 5:10

Irma Thomas
9 Irma Thomas intro 0:18
10 Come on Children, Let's Sing 4:45
11 I Found the Answer 6:11
12 If I Can Help Somebody 5:57
13 Down by the Riverside 4:26
14 In The Upper Room 4:27
58:06
Mp3/320k

3 comments:

  1. AZ
    Thanks for these posts, just what the Great Physician ordered for the Holiest of weeks!
    Be well you and your loved ones
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mavis Staples - any more from her or from the Staples singers would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for this Blog!

    I stop here often.

    ReplyDelete