All of the music recordings on this site are recordings of independent origin (ROIOs) Music that has NOT been officially released. This website follows the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). If you are an artist or a legal representative of an artist and you do not want your ROIO shared on my site for free among your fans (and creating new fans and a stronger fan base), just tell me in the comment area and I will remove them.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Oregon Bluegrass Assoc. Gospel Show, Three Bands, 1-20-2007 (SBD)

The Sonny Hammond Memorial Gospel Show is an annual event, and fundraiser for the Oregon Bluegrass Association. It appears it is held at a church and this version has three bluegrass bands all doing gospel bluegrass. The bands are Fiddlegrass, Lee Highway, and Prairie Flyer. It fits on two CDs with the first two bands on CD one and the third on CD two.  This has some nice picking and the quality is very good. The first two bands are members of the Oregon Bluegrass Association. The third band did not show up on their website but appears to be from Washington. My friend Iggy should like this one, because it is a local show for him, being up in Forest Grove near Portland.

Sonny Hammond Memorial
Oregon Bluegrass Assoc. Gospel Show
Central Bible Church

Fiddlegrass
Central Bible Church
Portland, OR
1-20-2007
Soundboard

Chuck Haynie - banjo and vocals
Donna Reuter - fiddle and vocals
Doug Ward - dobro, guitar, and vocals
Lorri Connolly - mandolin, fiddle, and vocals
Guest players -
Bob Connolly - guitar and vocals
Holly Wyman - bass

01- intro
02- Amazing Grace
03- I Saw The Light
04- Hallelujah, I'm Ready To Go
05- If You Don't Love Your Neighbor, Then You Don't Love God
06- Wayfaring Stranger
07- Mansion On A Hilltop
08- When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder
09- The Old Rugged Cross
10- Cryin' Holy Unto The Lord

Lee Highway
Central Bible Church
Portland, OR
1-20-2007
Soundboard

John Averill - mandolin and vocals
Rich Hoglen - guitar and vocals
Sue Averill - bass and vocals
Mike Eisler - fiddle and vocals
Mike Stahlman - banjo, guitar, and vocals

01- intro
02- Take Me In Your Lifeboat
03- The Little Community Church
04- I'm Using My Bible For A Roadmap
05- God Loves His Children
06- Give Mother My Crown
07- band intros
08- Let's Walk Along Together
09- The Stone The Builders Refused
10- Shine Hallelujah Shine
11- What A Friend We Have In Jesus
12- When He Reached Down His Hand For Me
13- So Happy I'll Be
14- Cryin' Holy Unto The Lord

Prairie Flyer
Central Bible Church
Portland, OR
1-20-2007
Soundboard

Jim Faddis - guitar and vocals
Andre Vachon - mandolin and vocals
Jason Stewart - banjo and vocals
Dave Hackwith - bass and vocals
Steve Blanchard - guitar

01- intro
02- The Old Crossroads
03- Calling My Children Home
04- I'll See You In Heaven (1st Time Played)
05- I Was There When It Happened (1)
06- Take Your Shoes Off Moses Your On Holy Ground
07- Who Will Sing One Song For Me
08- Be Assured
09- I Can't Feel At Home In This World Anymore
10- When I Get Home
11- I Saw The Light
12- band intros
13- House of Gold
14- Pilgrim
15- Travelin' The Highway Home (1)
Encore: (2)
16- I'll Fly Away
17- Will The Circle Be Unbroken

(1) = w/ Clyde Clevenger on mandolin and vocals
(2) = encore was various members of all 3 bands, plus Clyde Clevenger and
MC Mason Smith

Mp3/256k

2 comments:

  1. Hi AZ. Many of your past posts have "had my name on them" thanks to my love of bluegrass. This one, however, really DOES have my name on it. I will enjoy it for many years to come, and I thank you for your extraordinary thoughtfulness and consideration. I wish you many happy days to come.

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, az. i dont know if its on my end, but i get an "error" message when trying to download. I will try again later

    ReplyDelete